All Case Studies

 

Dixon House – 72-75 Fenchurch Street

Our Dixon House Project, Fenchurch Street, City of London is a mid-late 1970’s re-constructed reinforced concrete frame structure with a structural steel mansard extension encapsulated with a 1901 retained Grade II listed façade. The building was house to a banking unit arranged over a basement, ground and five upper floors and 37,986 sq ft office accommodation and has now been sold for modern redevelopment under freehold interest for an undisclosed sum.

 


Davidstow Creamery – North Cornwall

Davidstow Creamery is a Dairy Crest production line based in a civil parish and village in north Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. ‘Davidstow Cheddar’ and ‘Cathedral City’, brands of cheese are produced at Davidstow Creamery which is operated by Dairy Crest using water ultimately from St David’s Holy Well and distributed nationally and in export.

 


 

Bedford Hospital – Crown House South Wing

Active was appointed principal contractor to undertake the complete demolition of the South Wing at Bedford Hospital. The project involved the removal and demolition of Crown House and associated works including the isolation, disconnection and making safe of live services, removal of plant, equipment and fixtures, breaking out of concrete ramps and handrails, and the preparation and making good to existing tarmac hard stand.

 


 

The Antolin Building – Westwood Cross Shopping Centre, Ramsgate

Active was appointed principal contractor to undertake the complete demolition of the South Wing at Bedford Hospital. The project involved the removal and demolition of Crown House and associated works including the isolation, disconnection and making safe of live services, removal of plant, equipment and fixtures, breaking out of concrete ramps and handrails, and the preparation and making good to existing tarmac hard stand.

 


 

Stockley Interchange – Crossrail

Network Rail has engaged with Carillion to construct a £50m flyover, in the form of a single track viaduct, as part of the £2.3bn London Crossrail project at Stockley in Hillingdon, to enable Crossrail services to operate to Heathrow.

 


 

6-7 Grosvenor Place, London

The property lies in Belgravia to the south of Hyde Park Corner at the junction with Halkin Street and with a rear elevation to Headfort Place. The building was originally designed by Thomas Cundy III in 1867-9. In the latter part of the 1800s the property was the residence of Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (1836-1908), a former prime minister.

 


 

Tedworth House, Wiltshire – Help for Heroes

Tedworth House is one of four Recovery Centre’s run by Help for Heroes which form part of the Defence Recovery Capability. Based on the Wiltshire/Hampshire border the House provides support to serving and veteran members of the Armed Forces who have been wounded, injured or become sick.

 


 

143 Regent Street, London

The client was undertaking the complete refurbishment of the shop unit located in the heart of London’s shopping district at 143 regent street. The client commissioned a pre refurbishment asbestos survey which identified fibrous asbestos insulation board materials to be present.

 


 

Hill House, Archway, London

The Hill House building is a 12 storey office building due to be refurbished by our client and converted into residential apartments. The project involved the complete removal of all asbestos containing materials from the premises prior to the planned refurbishment works taking place on site. The asbestos containing materials present on site were widespread across all twelve upper floors and all three basement levels.

 


 

Dropmore Park Estate, Buckinghamshire

Dropmore, near Cliveden, was built in 1795, the building is Grade 1 listed. However, the main house had been so ravaged by fires in the Nineties that it was on English Heritage’s Buildings at Risk Register. Historic grounds, including a formal Italianate garden, pavilions, an aviary and Chinese tea house linked by 200 yards of ornate trellising, had been neglected or vandalised.